|Hiring Organization||FHI 360|
|Post Name||Programs Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NGN 18 To NGN 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Abuja, Nigeria 900001|
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of activities under assigned portfolios in FHI 360 Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the PD in assuring effective planning, implementation, and management of assigned projects in FHI 360 Nigeria.
- Assist the PD in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to FHI 360 and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the PD in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans, and budgets.
- Assist the PD in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FHI 360 partners in implementing their sub-agreements.
- Assist the PD in capacity-building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectoral development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high-volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Qualifications and requirements
BS/BA in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with international development programs. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
FHI 360 is committed to providing a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries, and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This includes taking measures to protect vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel.
FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles. FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and sub-recipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or age.
Marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies, and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.