|Post Name||Laboratory Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8W 1W5|
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centered around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, the sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
At LifeLabs, the passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unite and motivate us to ensure our customers receive high-quality tests and results that they can trust.
Agile, customer-centered, caring, and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centers and 16 laboratories, and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us, and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practices,s, and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Victoria, BC.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to the preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives.
In this role, you will
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect Holter monitors, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, and perform ECG tracings.
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
- The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service, and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem-solving skills. Other requirements include:
- Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent related experience such as working as a healthcare professional with previous training or experience in phlebotomy, intravenous infusion, and/or intravenous therapy (e.g. nurses, infusion therapists, cardiac technologists, etc.).
- ECG training or experience is an asset.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively relate to patients and health care providers.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com. LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make.
As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.