ADAS Test Operator
|Post Name||ADAS Test Operator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 46000 To GBP 50000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M4 4GV|
What to Expect
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to accelerate our vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving.
The ADAS Test Operator will be responsible to identify improvements and regressions across software iterations. A strong candidate will be objectively focused when making judgments, highly organized with great attention to detail, and a self-starter.
This role could require the flexibility of traveling to domestic and international destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks, and proving grounds.
What You’ll Do
- Survey the local region and design routes with prospective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
- Design test specs and create judgment criteria using tools such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize yourself with the latest Autopilot version and other relevant vehicle features.
- Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as provide ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze test data, triage software issues, and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
- Communicate with developers and test engineers, and be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, and coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Clean driving record and safe driving habits. Good navigation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly observational.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer software skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and operating systems such as macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Command Line Interface experience is required.
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors as well as knowledge of in-vehicle systems such as brakes and assisted steering.
- Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles during testing that may lack safety features.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (a free step-by-step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.