|Hiring Organization||Town of Paradise|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 46016 To CAD 57520 Per Year|
|Location||Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada A1L 0A6|
Under the general supervision of the Foreperson, this position is accountable for the provision of unskilled to semi-skilled manual labor in the various trades and unclassified work activities of the Town.
The Labourer is responsible for the provision of manual labor in a variety of functions within the Town, including grounds, park, and trail maintenance provided that the work to be performed does not require certification or licensing.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, Council, and residents of the Town, and periodically must interact with any service facility or contractor, etc., providing services to the Town.
- The successful candidate must be available as required and, upon occasion, this may mean long or unusual hours.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be proficient in the use of hand tools and related small equipment.
- Must be able to perform all labor work including the lifting of heavy items.
- Must be able to perform other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Successful candidates will be required to attain:
- Satisfactory Police Record Check with a “Vulnerable Sector Query”
This is a unionized position working 40 hours per week with a varied work schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Paradise would like to thank applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.