|Hiring Organization||Verastar Ltd|
|Post Name||Test Engineer|
|Qualification||Relevant IT degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 35000 To GBP 40000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M4 4GV|
With over 20 years of heritage, we’re the UK’s largest multi-service provider and still growing. We supply almost 200k businesses with their gas, electricity, water, insurance, card payment terminals, mobile, broadband, and telecom services.
We’ve won numerous awards over the years and this is because our colleagues and customers are at the heart of everything we do. With offices in Glasgow, Central Manchester, South Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Ipswich, and Nottingham and employing over 1000 people – we’re on a mission to be the one-stop essential services provider to small businesses, making customers’ lives easy and helping our people succeed.
At Verastar, we don’t just do jobs, we do careers. We’ve got ambitious growth plans, and our people will grow with us. We’ll give you everything you need to develop and succeed.
That means things like flexible working, a totally transparent rewards structure, a diverse and inclusive workplace, and the control to drive your own career and shape your own opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
Our Quality Assurance Test Engineers are responsible for assessing the quality of specifications and technical design documents in order to ensure timely, relevant, and meaningful feedback. They are involved in planning and implementing strategies for quality management and testing.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts under moderate supervision
- Test current software products and identify deficiencies
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
Qualifications and other requirements
- Relevant IT degree preferred
- Previous experience working in the software industry
What you need to have already done to be right for this role
- Proven work experience in software development
- Exposure to automated testing via either TDD or BDD
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Good judgment, analytical skills, and robust decision-making ability
- Stakeholder management with the ability to lead and influence colleagues
- Team player builds strong relationships across the business
- Self-awareness to identify own development needs and the desire to continually improve
- A confident and concise communication style both written and verbal
- Solutions-orientated, with the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Continuous Improvement mindset
In return for your hard work, you’ll get
- Core benefits including pension contributions and life assurance
- Great discounts on 100s of high street and online stores
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy up to 5 days more
- Cycle to work and travel loans for people wanting a greener commute
- Wellbeing support includes 24/7 access to a GP, mental health support, get-fit programs, and free legal and financial guidance
The important extras
- Opportunities to get involved in charity fundraising and volunteering days through our giving back movement
- Amazing on-site facilities, such as a free on-site gym, free parking, subsidized café and to top it off an on-site subsided bar for after-work drinks, quiz nights, and social events
- Full-time/Permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, No weekends
Where to find us
Our newly refurbished HQ is based in the heart of Sale Moor Village next to Sale Water Park. We’re only a stone’s throw away from the M60 and just a short 5-minute walk from the Airport Metro Link line and Sale Town Centre. We also have plenty of free on-site car parking as well as a bike locker if you choose to cycle in.
What happens next
If you’re looking for a new challenge with great benefits at an award-winning company, then Verastar is the place for you. To be part of our continued success click ‘Apply’ today to take the next step in your career.