2023 Chase Associate Summer Program
Full Job Description
- #1 on Fortune’s Change the World list
- Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers
- Best Companies for Multicultural Women
- Top 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles
- Top 50 Employers of the year for People with Disabilities The Business
- #1 Credit card issuer in the U.S.
- #1 most visited online banking portal
- #1 mobile banking app
- #1 among Millennials for checking, savings, and credit cards The Program
Our Chase Associate Program (CAP) is an intensive 2-year rotational program.
As a Full-time CAP Associate you’ll have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of our business through three rotations in functional areas (Digital, Marketing, Fintech, Innovation, and Strategy) supporting our Chase divisions:
- Chase Card Services
- Consumer Banking
- Auto Finance
- Home Lending
- Business Banking
CAP Associates are offered continuous support over the 2 years, including rigorous training to sharpen skills and remain competitive, formalized mentoring, professional and social networking opportunities, exposure to senior leadership, and professional development training.
The CAP Summer Program is a vigorous 9-week introduction to our Full-time program. The summer is centered on providing a comprehensive look at the Full-time program, with our CAP Summer Associates working on strategic, high-priority matters that are a value-add to our business and have a real-life impact on our clients and customers.
What to expect as a CAP Summer Associate:
- Insight into a variety of functions within Chase, which reaches almost 50 percent of U.S. households
- Opportunity to be challenged and stretched professionally while working on strategic projects
- Strong support network comprised of a dedicated program manager, senior-level mentor, and peer advisor who collectively partner to ensure you have robust learning opportunities and a great summer experience
- Exposure to senior leadership through formal and informal events (e.g. speaker series, presentations)
- Formalized networking opportunities with peers and colleagues in the organization About You:
- Pursuing an MBA or Master’s degree with expected graduation between December 2023 and May 2024
- Interest in Chase and the Consumer industry
- 3-5 years of professional experience in any role/industry, demonstrating unique perspectives and exceptional leadership
- Strong desire to learn about and eventually take on executive and general management roles at Chase
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intense, and ever-evolving environment
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, teams, and leadership styles
- Demonstrated passion for achieving success
- Demonstrated and successful leadership skills gained in either academic, professional, or extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented, forward-thinking, and confident professional presence
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively to various audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
To get started, enter your email address. Your email address will be used to create and maintain your profile. If you are a current JPMC employee, use your JPMC email address to apply for jobs internally. Do not use an email address with a “.edu” extension as doing so could result in delays in receiving updates regarding your candidacy.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed it. We strongly encourage you to apply and complete the required elements as soon as possible since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds, and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations, and more.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products.
Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients, and communities have been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement, and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements.
Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool and may include mask-wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility.
These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $125,000.00 – $125,000.00 / year