Full Job Description
- Collaborate effectively to design, develop, test and release well-engineered code
- Work closely with the product team
- Contribute to a culture of engineering excellence and continuous improvement
- Effectively participate in the team’s software development methodologies, such as pairing, code reviews, agile planning, and continuous delivery
- Write appropriate unit tests to ensure code-quality
- Actively help troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies
- A passion for web development and a willingness to learn and develop
- Experience in database design and use in software applications
- Experience using APIs to access data on a server
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to share your knowledge and to support and mentor more junior team members
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care about how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviors in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion, and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organization.
- Unrivaled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance, and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme, and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.