|Hiring Organization||Revera Inc.|
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Social Work Degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 12 To CAD 15 Per Hour|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R2C 0A1|
Revera is a leading owner, operator, and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care, and long-term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible. Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees.
There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched, and empowered in their role.
So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day. Vaccines are a proven, safe, and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated.
Vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Social Worker maximizes the client/family’s functioning within the context of rehabilitation, maintenance, or palliation. The Social Worker enhances the problem-solving and coping capacity of individuals and families/caregivers by utilizing a variety of interventions.
- To receive and respond appropriately to inquiries pertaining to Revera Inc. which relate to placement, lifestyle, policies, and procedures.
- To conduct tours of the home with applicants, prospective applicants, and/or their advocates.
- Responsible for carrying out appropriate pre-admission procedures including
- Screening of applications
- Correspondence with applicants to acknowledge receipt of application and to provide information.
- Pre-admission visits and assessments
- Communication with placement agencies
- Other related duties
- To coordinate new admissions and accompany new Residents and their families/advocates through the admission process.
- To promote and facilitate a Resident-oriented environment, acting as a Resident/family advocate, where indicated.
- To plan, organize, and carry out social work programs/services to meet the ongoing psychological needs of the Residents and their families/advocates.
- To function as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in planning overall Resident care and participate in the planning and development of programs/services in response to Resident needs.
- To facilitate the development and/or functioning of positive Resident groups acting as an advisor, where indicated.
- To organize and participate in Resident Care Conferences and family conferences as needed.
- Responsible for organizing regular Family Orientation programs for families/advocates of new and prospective Residents.
- Responsible for providing educational and consultative services on social work-related issues/topics through participation in staff orientation programs, staff development programs, and educational seminars for staff, Residents, and families/advocates as required.
- Responsible for documentation and completion of statistical reports related to quality management for use in evaluating departmental performance, identifying current trends in residents, social and institutional needs, and as a basis for setting policy and planning future programs.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents).
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be registered as a Social Worker under the Health Professions Act, 2000.
- Graduate of a recognized school of social work with a Bachelor of Social Work degree.
- Experience in working with Geriatrics.
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary team concept, skill in teamwork, and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Ability to initiate and direct own departmental activity.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization, we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.