|Hiring Organization||Australian Red Cross|
|Post Name||Case Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 40 To AUD 60 Per Hour|
|Location||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 4000|
The Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movement. We support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We act for humanity.
Street to Home in Townsville aims to support people who are sleeping rough and/or experiencing chronic homelessness to move into stable, long-term housing.
About the role
As our Case Manager, you will work across Red Cross Homelessness and Housing Services and other Community Programs that offer case management support to individuals and/or families experiencing vulnerabilities in Townsville.
By providing direct client services and adopting the Red Cross practice approach, you will build capacity and resilience; empowering communities to take responsibility for their futures.
You will operate from a strengths-based and capacity-building framework and ensure the promotion of social inclusion, human rights, participation, and client/consumer choice.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities in a client-focused way
- Demonstrated experience in administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
- Demonstrated ability to minimize the risk which arises from crisis situations and exercise professional judgment based on ethical and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of the reflective practice and continuous improvement and experience in managing personal and professional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients at risk of homelessness who have complex needs from a variety of cultural backgrounds, to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers, and other key stakeholders to develop responses to community issues and build on community strengths and resources
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in MS Office and client databases
- Tertiary Degree or Associate Diploma qualifications in human services combined with/or substantial skills, expertise, and experience attained through employment, voluntary service, and/or study
- A Working with Children check and a current driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this role
Our Covid-19 safe practices
It’s vital you review our Red Cross COVID-19 and pre-employment requirements here prior to applying.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose, and know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take-home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Red Cross respects, values, and encourages diversity. We believe that diversity in our people enriches our organization as well as the impact we have.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to protecting the rights of all people, particularly those who may be experiencing vulnerability. We want the people we work with to feel safe, safe, and free from abuse of any kind.
We are a child-safe organization. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. We value, respect, and listen to children and are committed to supporting child safety and wellbeing in our work.