|Post Name||General Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 69 To AUD 75 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
The General Manager is a critical role that is responsible for driving clinics growth in new client numbers and profitability; as well as building the procedures to facilitate the growth/expansion of the corporate & future franchise business model.
You will inspire and lead your teams in a positive environment. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring sound financial management and effective technology and operational processes are in place across the business.
The General Manager plays a vital role in helping the business achieve its vision, mission, and strategic objectives. The General Manager is responsible for translating strategy into action, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the business, and providing cultural leadership to the team.
Reports to the Directors
Direct Reports: Team in Marketing, Sales, Product, Operations, Admin, and Exercise and Nutrition team departments. Intense Health is a multi-site, modern, quality focussed chain of clinics specializing in exercise & nutrition.
We are growing, and looking to expand our corporately-owned locations and deliver a franchisee model in the near future. Our work environment is dynamic and full of energy, and we are driven by the mission of Intense Health ‘Saving Lives.
- You have multi-site management experience in health & fitness centers, or any related health businesses. Businesses working with booked appointment systems are preferred.
- You have a strong customer service background to support our business practice and with a focus on client relationships.
- You have strong team leadership and development skills.
- You have a business growth mentality and are passionate about building businesses, systems, and processes from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee daily operations of the business.
- Contribute to the development of organizational strategy.
- Translate the organizational strategy into tactical programs.
- Work with department leads to set, communicate and achieve performance, targets, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure consistency and follow-through across key directions and objectives in
- Provide direct management to the leaders of each department and ensure they manage their teams to a high standard.
- Support the leadership team with personal and professional development to ensure they are empowered to perform.
- Work with the leaders of each department to ensure they are getting their most important jobs done.
- Lead generation strategies, sources, and targets.
- Health and effectiveness of the sales pipeline.
- Delivery and quality of the business’s products and services.
- Internal operations of the business, including office, technology and.
Other Support Systems
- Financial management including accounts payable, payroll and.
Company Cash Flow
- Provide feedback to the Directors on how well each function is performing, with recommendations for improvement.
- Chair the weekly Leadership team meeting.
- Contribute to, and coordinate, the development and delivery of the monthly.
- Be a role model for effective and positive leadership by:
- Bringing the company vision and mission to life.
- Customer Service orientated.
- Demonstrating the company values in action.
- Overseeing key hiring and talent development programs.
- Conducting regular team meetings to ensure efficient flow.
Information Up and Down the Organization
- Providing constructive feedback to all team members.
- Being proactive, flexible, innovative, and results-focused.
- Maintain a positive approach to business using appropriate conduct and a responsible and professional manner consistent with the standards expected by the business and its clients at all times. This also includes maintaining a.
- professional and business-like standard of personal presentation.
- Follow/adhere to all instructions and requests.
- directed by your Directors or delegate.
- This includes upholding and building and revising policies and procedures set by the business.
Scope and Limits in Authority
This role takes responsibility for strategic and high-level decision-making. The role will provide feedback to the Directors on business performance and escalating major business challenges that are accompanied by recommendations of strategic and considered solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Ensure the ongoing improvement of the day-to-day operations of the business with a focus on processes, technology, and systems.
- Document and improve processes for getting work done across the business.
- Establish and maintain high levels of customer service, building procedures, and quality standards for future clinics.
- Support the business with its technology and financial requirements.
- Develop best practice systems, policies, and procedures to maximize productivity in the workplace.
- Manage departmental scoreboards monitoring and managing company-wide performance and reportability.
- Leverage and improve upon the existing platforms and drive operational excellence through training and development.
- Maintain the employee handbook which documents and communicates standards, expectations, and policies for all employees.
- Be the subject matter expert for project management across the business.
- Ensure a professional and productive work environment.
The right person will have
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- A can-do proactive attitude and am extremely organized.
- Strong technology know-how.
- Expertise in project management.
- Experience in creating policies and procedures, dashboards, and KPIs.
- Planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for working in new business development.
Tertiary qualification in Business or similar. (Masters level seen favorably but not essential).
Key Performance Indicators and Performance
- Achievement of company revenue and profit targets.
- Setting and achieving departmental Key Performance Indicators.
- Overall team performance and leadership.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience.
- Proven track record of both managing and improving existing operational practices.
- Experience navigating and overcoming complex problems.
- Background in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer service background
- Sound knowledge of technology platforms to support businesses to deliver on performance and projects.
We encourage General Managers who have worked in a similar capacity in related fields to apply. More than just a skills-based role, we are looking for a person with the right attitude and who values being part of a team.
You must embrace the mission and principles of the company, and will collaborate in the business development growth/ expansion and your own personal growth.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity of being part of a large-scale growth strategy company that is challenging the status quo and revolutionizing the fitness industry.
If This Sounds Like You, We Want to Hear From You
- Your experience as a General Manager (or related experience).
- How do you feel your skills/experience will help you succeed in the role?
- What are the three things you are looking to achieve in the next 3 years?
- Please complete the assessment below and share with us your results- https://principlesyou.com -share the pdf version, please.
- How many weeks’ notice do you need to give to your current employer?
Please only apply via seeking- no phone calls or direct emails will be accepted.
Please note that being fit or having experience using fitness services is not an essential requirement. We offer our services complimentary to the right candidate and provide training in this area.
Please understand that due to our busy schedule, only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted directly via email or telephone.