|Post Name||Medical Receptionist|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 20 To AUD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, southeastern Australia, Australia 3000|
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers).
We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services, and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years of experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing, and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Langmore Hospital is a newly refurbished 60-bed private mental health hospital in Berwick providing a supportive, respectful and relaxed environment that promotes well-being and recovery.
Our multidisciplinary team provides expert psychiatric care and treatment for conditions including depression, mood disorders, anxiety, and psychosis through programs tailored to meet your patient’s individual needs, including inpatient and day programs.
We are seeking applications from friendly, professional, and organized Medical receptionists to join the team on a Permanent Part-Time or full-time basis to create a warm, welcoming environment for our patients and fellow caregivers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming patients into the hospital in an efficient and courteous manner
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments
- Collecting and entering patient details
- Answering phone calls and inquiries in a professional and friendly manner
- Patient billing and processing of payments
- Performing general administrative duties such as scanning
- Assisting practitioners as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Experience in a Medical Receptionist role, preferably in Specialists’ rooms.
- Professional appearance and demeanor and a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work both independently with initiative and as a team member
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and work productively within a team environment.
- Highly developed level of Microsoft Office proficiency, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Ability to follow individual instructions from Consultants.
- Experience in Medico-legal, Workcover, Genie software, and Eclipse billing will be preferred
We can offer you the following:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as a mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation, and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Opportunities for post-graduate course support
- Professional development opportunities
- Various corporate discounts & benefits
- On-site subsidized parking
- Employee Assistance Program