Security Assurance Specialist
|Hiring Organization||Talent Street|
|Post Name||Security Assurance Specialist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 80000 To AUD 90000 Per Year|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
Security Assurance Specialist – long-term contract – Federal Government Agency – Melbourne
We’re currently seeking a Security Assurance Specialist to work with a Federal Government agency in Melbourne. Under the guidance of the Security Assurance Manager, the focus of the role is to conduct assurance activities with a particular focus on the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Information Security Manual (ISM).
The role is expected to support the business in managing risk and meeting compliance obligations through a range of activities. The role requires experience in security audit planning, assessment, and reporting.
- Support improvement and maintenance of a fit-for-purpose Security Assurance Framework
- Coordinate and conduct compliance reviews, controls assurance, and audits
- Develop and monitor control verifications across various security controls, including personnel, physical, and cyber security controls.
- Track investigation, internal audit, security assurance review actions
- Support annual assurance plan development based on a risk-based approach to security controls.
- Deliver assurance reports and coordinate stakeholder engagement and communications
- Support completion of various committee governance reporting
- Provide oversight to external security assessment and audit activities required to inform system Certification and Accreditation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in an assurance role, with demonstrated experience in corporate governance, security compliance, and security assurance.
- Hands-on technical security compliance audit experience across a range of platforms, systems, and networks.
- Substantial experience collaborating with business partners, projects, technical teams, and security specialists to establish objectives and ensure that these objectives are satisfied.
- Previous experience drafting, preparing findings, and report writing.
- Strong knowledge of the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Previous experience in the federal government in a similar capacity
- Bachelor’s degree from an Australian educational institution, or a comparable overseas qualification in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Applicable security certifications such as CISA, CRISC; or other accreditations or advanced post-graduate qualifications and/or memberships