Health and Safety Advisor
|Hiring Organization||East Cheshire NHS Trust|
|Post Name||Health and Safety Advisor|
|Qualification||Knowledge of health and safety legislation|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 30000 To GBP 32000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M1 2BS|
Come and join Risk Management Team as the Health and Safety Advisor here in Macclesfield. We are a small team with big ambitions. We provide a friendly working atmosphere whilst delivering Health and Safety advice across the Trust’s hospital and community footprint.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Health and Safety Advisor, who can prioritize, and work well under pressure, with experience in health and safety, preferably in a healthcare setting.
You require a flexible attitude to work and an organized, professional manner. You need to be able to manage your own workload effectively, reporting to the Clinical Risk Manager.
Your role will be based at Macclesfield District General Hospital and you will be expected to travel to the Trust’s community hospitals and peripheral sites.
The post includes conducting safety training, undertaking risk assessments, audits, and inspections, and ensuring health and safety compliance to maintain the safety of patients and staff. Experience in IT systems is essential.
Main duties of the job
To act as the Trust’s competent person for health and safety and provide specialist advice, guidance, and instruction regarding health and safety, security, and non-clinical risk issues within the workplace.
Implement occupational safety systems and processes Develop health and Safety related policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures in relation to Health and Safety at Work Laws and Regulations Lead occupational safety improvement activities and provide expert occupational safety advice.
Working in a matrix-style relationship with other members of the Corporate Affairs and Governance Team to ensure a coordinated approach to safety is taken.
To ensure timely review and ratification of Health and Safety related policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures in relation to Health and Safety at Work.
Working for our organization
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you.
As an organization with a real sense of community, we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care the first time, every time.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate.
If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application, we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.NHS.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, or religion.
The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience plus further training and experience in postgraduate
- Diploma level equivalent e.g. National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) accredited Diploma).
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (UK) (MIOSH)
- Post-graduate qualification in safety
- Training qualification
- The in-depth specialist knowledge of health and safety legislation, standards and guidance is sufficient to advise on all aspects of health and safety management to staff within the Trust
- Knowledge of health and safety issues within complex NHS organization
- Understanding of Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Plans within an NHS setting
- Knowledge of Health Technical Memorandums
- Knowledge of Acute and Community NHS services
- Knowledge of Fire code
- Ability to effectively implement and deliver training programs
- Effective presentation skills
- Highly developed use of Microsoft office software.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to undertake comprehensive risk assessments.
- Ability to undertake safety audits.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments, inspections, and audits
- Experience with Datix or similar electronic integrated risk management systems.
- Experience in working with community and acute-based health care services.
- Experience in managing occupational safety in a healthcare organization
- Ability to travel across all trust sites and regionally in order to meet the needs of the service.
Specific Job Requirements
- Health and safety risk assessment.
- Ability to influence the behaviors of others to promote effective health and safety across the Trust.
- Please refer to the person specification for further role requirements.