|Post Name||Technology Introduction Performance Lead|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||15000/- To 20000/- Per Month|
|Location||Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India 431003|
In addition to a very competitive benefits package, we also offer the following to our employees
* Annual merit salary increase based on individual performance
* Opportunity to request sponsorship for professional membership
* Continuous learning and development
* Long-term worldwide career opportunities within an evolving and dynamic Engineering department
Caterpillar Inc is the world’s leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognized worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
The Large Power Systems Division currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a New Technology Introduction (NTI) Performance lead. This role will develop products and solutions for the Caterpillar Brand ‘Medium Vee’ platforms (3408 / 3412 / C27 / C32) and the Perkins Brand 4000 and 5000 Series platforms.
As NTI performance lead your role will be global in nature, working with the wider technical and commercial leadership team to develop projects aligned with our product and technology strategy, requiring regular interactions with team members in India, the USA, and the UK.
You will perform a direct analysis of concepts to support prioritization and initial down select phases before pulling together a wider team of experts to deliver the projects. You will provide technical and project leadership to deliver complex engineering solutions which will flow seamlessly into NPI.
- Performing detailed performance assessments using engineering calculations and simulation tools, including system-level analysis of new concepts, for initial assessment and down select.
- Leading and coordinating new technology assessment, specification, and development activities across the medium platform
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for NTI activities being performed directly by the LPSD team, other business unit specialists, and external partners (including academic institutions)
- A key part of the department leadership team developing department strategy, identifying skills gaps and supporting recruitment and training
- Acting as the integration point between L5 application and L3 design teams
- Coordinate with the design specialists and test facility (internal or external) to ensure mechanical and electrical components are fit for purpose and available for test on time.
- Working with suppliers and external partners to develop component and system solutions.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Evaluate and promote new products and processes
- The candidate would be expected to provide technical leadership to management and less experienced engineers. Including supporting the development of long-term strategy and multi-generation plans to achieve such.
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams through complex technical projects
- Be familiar with some of the 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. Dynasty, GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink, etc.)
- have the ability to take the lead in technical discussions, specify component and calibration requirements, and understand the interactions which influence engine performance.
- independently collaborate with peers, suppliers, and process partners. (ie supply chain, logistics, purchasing, other engineering teams, etc) on a worldwide basis;
- demonstrate knowledge of engine fundamentals
- demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- demonstrate knowledge of current engine control strategies and their calibration/implementation into production systems.
- be familiar with modeling of complex systems, including at least some Physics-based differential and difference-based systems, empirical modeling, CFD, and system or parameter identification.