Online Community Officer (Helpline)
|Hiring Organization||Versus Arthritis|
|Post Name||Online Community Officer (Helpline)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 30954 To GBP 34163 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers, and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We are Versus Arthritis. Alongside volunteers, healthcare professionals, decision-makers, and researchers, we do everything we can to push back against arthritis. Together, we will continue to develop breakthrough treatments, and campaign relentlessly for arthritis to be seen as a priority.
And support people with arthritis whenever they need it. We are making real progress. But there is still a long way to go, and we won’t stop until no one has to tolerate the pain, fatigue, and isolation of arthritis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our existing online community forum which supports people in an online peer-to-peer environment. Our community has grown over the last few years as more people access peer-to-peer support online, but we don’t want it to stop there.
We want to continue to increase our reach and grow our service. Our Online Community Officer will have experience with online peer-to-peer networks, understanding how they work and how valuable they can be to encourage conversations and support for people in similar situations.
About the role
The Online Community Officer will oversee the running of the online community, including managing and coordinating our committed team of Volunteer Moderators – providing them with continued support, empathy and compassion – helping to ensure the community is moderated daily.
They will work closely and effectively with the innovation and support teams to ensure that the online community remains relevant and a much-needed support area for people with arthritis.
You will use the technology of the platform to share insight and data across the charity as well as share useful information with our members, encouraging members to post and share experiences and support each other.
You will keep community members abreast of the latest information from Versus Arthritis, linking them with other services across the charity.
- Experience in delivering online peer-to-peer services or moderating an online community forum.
- Experience in managing, coordinating, and supporting volunteers remotely/home-based.
- Experience in working with service users or patients either directly or through digital services.
- Experience in using an online community platform, as well as having excellent IT skills and MS Office skills (in particular Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Good knowledge of data protection and safeguarding procedures backed up with experience in using these processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate complex and sensitive issues with ease while understanding the communication styles of differing audiences.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with good attention to detail. Proactive and conscientious and with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision to deadlines as well as being a supportive team player.
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively.
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- A strong commitment to the principles of good volunteer management in line with our Volunteering Promise.
How to Apply
- A concise, up-to-date CV
- Along with this complete Versus Arthritis supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Online Community Officer (Helpline) role (PDF, 157 KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- Please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
- We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
- Dates to be confirmed – to be held by Microsoft Teams.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many of who live in pain every single day.
The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, move free from pain, and live independently.
Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that. Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion, and energy to help us defy arthritis.