Sr. Production Manager
|Hiring Organization||Warner Music Group|
|Post Name||Sr. Production Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from an accredited college or university, preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 32000 To USD 40000 Per Month|
|Location|| Los Angeles, California, United States 90021
WMG’s top priority is the safety and well-being of its team members, artists, and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more.
WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment.
If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their careers.
We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA. Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences Group functions as a centralized, in-house creative agency for the Warner Recorded Music roster as well as for third-party artists who need our expertise. This team is responsible for the development of programs to grow 1) fan engagement across digital, social, gaming, and emerging platforms,
cultural resonance and 3) revenue and market share for artists. This happens through merchandising, ticketing, subscriptions, content, collaborations, and more. Turning label and artist goals into “must-have” experiences for fans.
Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences is a global team with a simple ethos: put the Artist at the center. Our team is made up of marketers, strategists, graphic designers, and engineers. We are creative and detail-obsessed.
Above all, we are music fans – unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, and every day.
We are flexible, agile, and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing, and CRM expertise that turns the artist’s goals into memorable experiences for fans.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Sr. Production Manager works directly with the Production Director to develop artist brands and grow their business in the marketplace across merchandise, ticketing, content, collaborations, and more.
This is a project management role focused on innovation, inspired by music and style trends. The Sr. Production Manager is the primary project manager responsible for the successful execution of the program.
This role serves as the operational liaison for the Production Director and other team members across the assigned roster. This role will ensure effective execution across all go-to-market plans and experiences that ultimately generate fan engagement, earned media, and incremental revenue throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist’s projects.
You will collaborate with the entire Label staff supporting that artist — Product Managers, Business Affairs, Marketers, and A&R to ensure all standards and timelines are met.
You will also, as needed, work closely with the Artist and their representation, Managers, Agents, and Lawyers as the gatekeeper of all approvals throughout execution so that all their needs are met without sacrificing business goals. Ultimately, you will be laying the tracks to keep the train going for all aspects of the artist brand as it relates to WEA and all its operations.
Here you’ll get to:
- Support Production Director in taking to market all plans that drive fan engagement earned media, and incremental revenue – this includes everything from merchandise offering to the original content and CRM campaigns
- Serve as the project manager for the successful execution of marketing plans as well as support for the day-to-day operations and management of an artist’s brand on behalf of WEA
- Manage resourcing allocations, reports/notes, workflows, and expenses as it relates to the overall campaign
- Review and assess weekly financial reports to ensure budget goals are met
- Ensure that all aspects of a campaign are signed off on by all necessary parties and delivered to standard and goal
- Work cross-functionally to ensure projects are completed on time and to the highest quality and expectations
- Achieve a strong knowledge of the back-end operations of broader WEA and establish strong relationships internally – production, sourcing, e-commerce, retail, finance – to deliver on business and financial needs
- Establish a deep relationship with artist management teams to ensure clear paths of communication and commitment to success
- Problem solve, influence, and campaign to secure approvals for all aspects of the developed strategy
- Gather results and deliver post-mortem analyses of executed campaigns
- Foster close, positive relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally including Label and WEA counterparts and Artists and Artist management
- You are a motivated team player
- You have demonstrated project management, merchandise management or business operations experience
- As a fan yourself, you have a deep understanding of fans and shaping culture
- You are passionate about music and have experience working with talent
- You are able to provide as well as receive feedback and direction
- You are a quick thinker and able to problem solve on the fly
- You have past experience that exhibits your independent thinking, high personal standards, creative eye, and ability to work on a cross-functional team
- You are a strategic and creative thinker who is able to connect dots to create the bigger picture
- You have strong leadership, relationship building & problem-solving skills
- You are an effective communicator who can convey information efficiently at various levels of leadership and cross-departmentally
- You have excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and strong attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and embrace change
- You are results-oriented and focused on outcomes
- You understand the importance of details when telling a story
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 5+ years of project management, account management, and merchandise management at an agency or in the music/entertainment industry
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working cross-functionally within a larger team
- Knowledge of effective project management tools and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from an accredited college or university, preferred
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes and find the best people for WMG.Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.