|Post Name||Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||QAR 20000 To QAR 25000 Per Month|
|Location||Doha, Qatar 00000|
Perform conceptual, FEED, Studies, and detailed analyses and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes, and standards. Apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures. Manage own time to meet agreed deadlines and budgets, and develop plans for short-term work activities in my own area.
Clearly communicate and explain complex issues and work to establish understanding.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule, and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives to address the issues.
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. Provide similar support for Variation Orders.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash-free designs.
- Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Maintain close coordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Team, as required.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to the Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements, and manhour estimates.
- Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and maintain preferred McDermott procedures, specifications, standards, practices, and operational requirements.
- Prepare Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications, as required.
- Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings, and offshore site surveys, as required.
- Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Prepare and review design reports and procedures.
- Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with their deliverables.
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials, and services ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures.
- Procurement assistance includes preparing and reviewing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, and compiling bid tabulations and recommendations.
- Preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Assist in updating weight reports based on receipt of vendor information.
- Check engineering performed by others within Discipline.
- Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
- Perform design verification through single-discipline check / inter-discipline check (IDC).
- Provide technical support to all fabrication queries, including identifying defect/rectification requirements.
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary, and manpower related.
- Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning, and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity.
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
- Participate in internal, Customer, and third-party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Assist Lead Engineer with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.) on their review and approval.
- Capture lessons learned and enter them into MDR’s Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter them into MDR’s K.now system.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Guide less experienced engineers on MDR and Discipline procedures, standards, worksheets, design calculations, software, requisitions, technical bid evaluations, technical queries, etc.
- Be aware of costs related to your own work and of the discipline.
- Check / Prepare Mechanical equipment list, spare parts list, special tools list.
Check / Prepare detailed engineering documents/deliverables such as
- Mechanical Equipment Specifications and datasheets.
- Mechanical handling philosophy report and associated requisitioning for handling equipment.
- Lubrication schedule, spare parts schedule.
- Assist with equipment inspection and testing.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing of various items, as assigned.
- Assist in updating electrical load lists, P&lDs, and equipment lists based on receipt of vendor information.
Essential Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a similar Engineering field.
- 6+ yrs in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities.
- Strong working knowledge of many design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge.
- The content and application of standards, codes, and guidelines as applicable for offshore.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer or member of a professional engineering society.
Company Overview and Core Values
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering, and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted.
McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values
- Integrity – We maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct.
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important.
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions.
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being.
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions.
|8th Pass Jobs||10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs|
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Education Wise Jobs|
|Data Entry Jobs||IT Jobs||Work from Home|
|Banking Jobs||e-Commerce Jobs||Teaching Jobs|
|International Jobs||State Wise Jobs||City Wise Jobs|
- SarkariResult10th.com does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.