|Post Name||Vendor Manager, Watches, Softlines|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 6300 TO AED 6600 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth.
The VM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful VM will be able to: – Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring.
Understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality, and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or Management. MBA with relevant business experience
- 5+ years of relevant senior-level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
- 5+ years experience in negotiations and vendor management
- Arabic speaker preferred
- Experience with SQL
- Relevant senior-level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
- Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Working in a start-up or early-stage environment where you will be defining best practices for your function