Marketing Content Editor
- Recommending photos for use in a direct mail fundraising piece while ensuring accuracy, respect for patient dignity, and ethical guidelines
- Interviewing an aid worker just back from Ukraine or Yemen for a social media impact story
- Translating complex medical info into snackable content easily understood by donors
- Crafting short and long-form copy variations for A/B testing, from headlines to social media ads
- Taking the lead on drafting rapid response content amidst breaking news of a natural disaster
Your responsibilities will include:
Marketing Materials Editing & Review:
- Content Editor: Ensure speed to market through rapid, high-quality, review, editing, and fact-checking. Edit with eye to authentic storytelling, brand, voice, and driving marketing KPIs.
- Brand and Style Expert: Ensure consistent application of the brand, style, and ethical guidelines. Develop & maintain Fundraising-specific guidelines.
- Editorial Support: Provide general editorial support as needed across Development.
Content Sourcing, Strategy & Management
- Lead storyteller and copywriter. Curate & develop compelling stories of impact and marketing content for channels from direct mail to digital advertising to inspire engagement and giving.
- Content Strategy Support: Support content strategy work for web, social, & more.
- Comms and Programs liaison. Work closely with Comms and Programs to stay up to date on operations and developing crises. Liaise with Medical Unit and Comms field officers as needed.
- Integration and Collaboration: Identify and organize strong content that can be repurposed. Utilize learnings from our Market Research team to drive engagement/views.
- DEI-focus: Ensure content is aligned with MSF’s diversity, equity and inclusion principles.
- Marketing Calendar Support. Maintain touchpoint calendar across channels & departments.
You are a confident, collaborative, and experienced editor and writer with strong marketing skills and able to work gracefully under deadline pressure. You have sound editorial judgment and are skilled at managing multiple priorities and their stakeholders across departments and functions.
- 3+ years of directly relevant editing and copywriting experience
- Ability to edit and write powerful fundraising, marketing, and advertising copy that gets results
- Expertise in copy editing, fact-checking, researching, interviewing
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills; expert grasp of English grammar; and familiarity with style guide usage
- Strong competency in editing with representation, ethics, diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind – for example, on race, gender, gender identity, LGBTQ+ issues, disability, and more.
- Flexibility and openness to critique and revisions
- Advanced time management and organizational skills
- Expertise in writing for both digital and offline channels
- Photo and video selection experience, with a keen eye for detail
Expected to work in a hybrid work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position
No phone calls or emails, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Your Safety Matters: Vaccination and booster against COVID-19 is a requirement at MSF – USA
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination:
MSF-USA is committed to building a diverse, unbiased, and inclusive workforce. MSF-USA is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other differences consistent with applicable laws.
This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in the Humanitarian Aid sector are encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability of some kind and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources by emailing us: at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary $81,500.12 – $87,200.10 (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)