|Hiring Organization||Horwich Farrelly|
|Post Name||Legal Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Law|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 26000 To GBP 30000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M16 0SP|
Did you know you don’t need a law degree or legal qualifications to join Horwich Farrelly?
Our Legal Assistants are the backbone of our Recoveries department, taking on administrative duties for our fee earners such as producing and editing documents and adding them to the case management system, chasing payments, outstanding statements, and uninsured loss forms as well as processing cheques and other general administrative duties for the team.
You may be returning to work after a period of time away or looking for a career change, either way, we can help you get on the right track for a career in law. Internal promotion is big here. Legal Assistant today and before long Litigation Executive, then Team Leader.
Take Tracey for example, our Hiring Manager, she started her career at Horwich Farrelly as a Legal Secretary in our Costs Department 17 years ago and now runs our Recoveries Department!
Due to her experience, she loves to see internal promotion and growth within her team, making this role a great place to start your legal career.
What do you need?
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize incoming work efficiently
- A high level of attention to detail
- Professional and confident telephone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiastic team player
- Customer service skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience gained in a similar assisting role – Desirable but not essential as training on the job will be provided
What will you be doing?
- Production of standard documentation.
- Undertake communication on the phone with third parties – this includes chasing payment from third-party insurers.
- Processing of cheques and loss forms.
- Data inputting and updating to our case management system.
- Chasing client statements and uninsured loss forms.
- General administrative duties to the team.
This is what the hiring manager, Tracey, says about the role
“This role offers an opportunity as a starting point in your legal career. You will need to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be organized, and be ready to use your initiative. You will be working as part of a friendly team and will be encouraged to develop your personal growth with the opportunity for internal progression.”
What’s in it for you?
We are not your stereotypical corporate law firm. We offer flexible hours and have a relaxed dress code; you can be yourself at work.
We continue to place a firm emphasis on investing in our people and promoting internally, from paying for professional subscriptions to offering learning and development grants for further study, we are always looking to invest and grow our people.
We’re always looking to recognize and reward our people for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Flexible start and finish times (35 hours per week)
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays), increasing to 30 days with service
- Private healthcare provision
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Life insurance and income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme & Digital GP service
- Season ticket loans
- Professional subscriptions are paid and development grants
- Flu vouchers
- Bonus scheme
- Perks at work scheme package
About the company
Horwich Farrelly is one of the UK’s leading providers of legal and handling services to the general insurance sector. Established in 1969, the firm currently provides legal services to 12 of the UK’s 20 largest motor insurers in specialist areas such as counter fraud, large & complex injury, motor and casualty services, recoveries, costs, and credit hire.