||Majid Al Futtaim
||AED 5400 TO AED 5900 Per Month
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Liaise with and work closely with hotel operators and MAFP Corporate Legal for the corporate requirements pertaining to our hotels to be performed in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare first drafts of Powers of Attorney and Shareholders Resolution for the MAF-owned hotels, based on samples, and then liaise with Corporate Legal for the same to be signed before the Notary Public.
- Liaise with the hotel operators to obtain the required documents such as passport copies, vehicle registration details, etc., and review them to ensure that there are no inconsistencies, and the same is valid and in subsistence.
- Assist the Legal Director in the collation of legal documents such as documents for filing of legal actions, service of legal notices, documents to support trademark registrations, and trade license renewals, and undertake the due diligence on these documents to ensure that the law firms receive the correct and accurate documents
- Assist in the issuance of legal and other formal official notices to the legal departments of the hotel operators such as in the case of obtainment of formal consents and approvals from hotel operators, adhering to the contractual provisions for service of the notices in the correct contractual manner, and maintain records of the proof of delivery of notices.
- Liaise with law firms too, inter alia, obtain status updates of cases and other legal procedural matters and prepare first drafts of the reports for the Legal Director’s review and eventual issuance.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of contracts entered between the relevant MAF legal entity and the counterparty for HBU
- Prepare and issue regular reports for the Corporate Legal/MAF Holding in relation to litigation/trademarks/and work progress
- Organize the workflow for HBU Legal to ensure that the legal work is performed in a timely manner by prioritizing the urgent and critical matters, and liaising within the various arms of MAFP’s legal function and with the internal clients as well as the external parties such as law firms and hotel operators as appropriate and as required.
- Scrutinizing all incoming job requests to ensure that all relevant documents have been provided and that documents such as licenses, and professional indemnity insurance covers are valid and in existence before the job is assigned to the Legal Director for review.
- Track and maintain the status of the job requests
- Ensure the safe keeping of all original contracts and legal documents
- Effective decision-making in internal matters such as prioritization of urgent and critical matters.
- Check invoices of law firms and liaise with the law firms for revisions as required, before arranging for the approval of the Legal Director, thereafter processing of invoices for payment by Finance
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- University degree
- For someone joining directly as a Paralegal (i.e. with legal training or a Paralegal degree, but no work experience, at least one year experience (depending on aptitude). Experience in the Middle East is an added value
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral in English.
- Ability to work under pressure, result-driven, and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities
- Good organizational skills and ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
- Ability to work under pressure.
error: Content is protected !!