|Hiring Organization||International Rescue Committee|
|Post Name||Travel Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NGN 205000 To NGN 220000 Per Month|
|Location||Abuja, Nigeria 900001|
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disasters, oppression, and violent conflict in over 40 countries.
The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation, and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded the scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa, Borno, and the Yobe States.
The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, reproductive health care and women’s protection services, Environmental Health, Child Protection, Economic Recovery and Development, Education, and General Protection.
The country program has a five-year strategic action plan, from 2015 to 2020, that is reviewed on an annual basis. IRC’s programming in Northeast Nigeria is supported by a team of more than 650 staff
Scope of Work:
The Travel Assistant will assist the Travel Officer in all aspects of travel administration and supports IRC staff and visitors on travel services/bookings, visa, and other related duties.
- Assist with the booking of both local and international commercial flights for IRC staff and visitors through IRC-registered travel agents.
- Responsible for UNHAS flight and cargo bookings.
- As part of the UNHAS flight booking requirement, prepare introduction letters for IRC visitors and IRC staff without ID cards.
- Assist with the booking of hotel accommodations for IRC staff and visitors in Abuja.
Payment and Reconciliation:
- Processing payments of both local and international flight tickets issued by travel agents.
- Assist with the reconciliation of payments processed to finance on a weekly basis.
- Reconciliation of UNHAS prepayment account and processing of replenishment after reaching spending/booking limit.
Compile a movement plan on daily basis (to cover weekends and holidays) and share it with Supply Chain Focal Person by 3 pm.
Tracking and Reporting:
- To update trackers for all commercial flight bookings, and UNHAS bookings and Store same on Box.
- To update the payment tracker on a weekly basis. (This includes the traveler’s name, invoice receipt date, travel route, invoice number, and date sent to finance.)
- Using reporting journal, send a monthly report on UNHAS bookings to Finance.
- Ensure that all travel request documents comply to travel SOPs before booking and flag any compliance concerns to the Travel Officer.
- Ensure that bookings are done in line with IRC Airline policies.
- Ensure that the regional and global travel agents comply with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and country agreement, especially on service charges and exchange rates.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Administrative & Logistics/Supply Chain qualifications are highly desirable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Prior experience in travel services & bookings, domestic and international flights desirable
- Computer literacy to enable updating of computerized databases and tracking sheets
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing workloads
- Knowledge of IRC systems and processes is an advantage
- Ability to adapt to changing work systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide superior customer service.
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in the IRC activities or in the context.
The IRC is a teamwork environment and requires a person who will work with colleagues from many cultural backgrounds, understand and contribute to the organization’s goals, work well as a member of a group/team, and respect the thoughts and opinions of others in the team.