Full Job Description
You will join a world-class team of engineers and data scientists from Facebook, Uber, Amazon, and Google. We are a fast-growing consulting firm based in Toronto with clients ranging from leading startups building impactful technologies to Fortune 500 companies looking to scale their engineering and data capabilities.
To qualify for this role, you must currently reside in Ontario, Canada.
We are looking for a data administrator/specialist that can help our team of data scientists and engineers manage, clean, and curate data from a variety of sources.
Your day-to-day job can range from identifying target objects in photos to researching and entering data online. You should be detail-oriented and able to articulate your findings via clear, written summaries and conference calls.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform data labeling tasks such as identifying objects in photos and annotating them
- Maintain databases and update spreadsheets
- Summarize findings and communicate issues as they arise and suggest ways to improve workflow
- Validate collected data is complete and accurate (spelling, grammar, etc.) according to to set guidelines
- Respond to general inquiries and requests for information
- Provide administrative support to team members as needed
- Research, collect and compile information
- Work closely with our data science and engineering teams
- Other duties, as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Basic math skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in office productivity and task management software, including Google Sheets, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Previous experience working with startups is an asset
We have competitive compensation.
Work on cool projects based on your interests and skills. We believe in accountability and NOT micro-management.