|Hiring Organization||Telstra Marketown|
|Post Name||Finance Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 50 To AUD 60 Per Hour|
|Location||Newcastle West, New South Wales, Australia 2302|
We’re on a mission to redesign the way we all connect, and fundamentally change the nature of telecommunication products and services in Australia, and across the region.
The work we do empowers the lives of millions of people around the world. Together, we’re creating a bold, new Telstra that will continue to lead the market both now and into the future. At Telstra, what you do matters.
We fully support flexibility and choice at Telstra and what we offer is as unique as you. Will you choose to work from home, in a Telstra workspace, or on the go?
A regional location or the CBD?
We want you to work where, when, and how you are most engaged, safe, and productive – wherever in Australia that may be. #WFH #Remote #Flexibility
The role with us
- The Finance Analyst will be an integral and high-exposure role within the Cost Strategy and Performance team, you’ll be supporting team members and senior management with financial planning and analysis through developing modeling for short- and long-term strategies, as well as key performance indicators to achieve business initiatives and financial planning objectives.
Further responsibilities include supporting team members with the completion of month-end activities including P&L and balance sheet management, posting of manual adjustments and preparation of reporting packs, and ensuring output is of an excellent standard.
- Key stakeholders: financial business partners, business operation managers, central finance teams (investment accounting, product profitability, corporate planning)
- Monthly flash performance reporting to the executive team, input and coordination of the corporate-wide monthly business performance review and internal business performance materials, coordination of the year-end close activities (GMQ, BSR, and close requirements), supporting balance sheet and cash flow activities, and forecast requirements, coordination of peels, managing corporate queries and developing cross finance stakeholder relationships.
- Support team members and senior management with financial analysis and modeling to develop short- and long-term strategies, as well as key performance indicators to achieve business initiatives and financial planning objectives
- Leverage your technical expertise and critical thinking skills to generate meaningful insights and recommendations when inputting into business cases and commercial activity
- Participate in sessions with interdepartmental stakeholders, contributing quality financial analysis and timely advice to various business groups aligned to strategic financial objectives
- Take accountability for assigned work tasks, working independently when contributing to core activities such as the preparation of periodic management reporting and financial results for assigned business areas
- Support team members with the completion of month-end activities including P&L and balance sheet management, posting of manual adjustments, and preparation of reporting packs, ensuring output is of an excellent standard
- Completed CA or CPA qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and business partnering.
- Someone who will wade into the complexity and who sees problems as opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take a problem statement and work autonomously to build a course of action, undertake analysis across both financial and operational drivers, and then prepare recommended actions for senior stakeholders.
- Experience across P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which can be applied to a range of different stakeholders.
- You have a passion for numbers and improving financial performance.
- A future leader. You may not be there yet but have the intent to learn and an ambition to grow.
- Proactive and curious
- An organized and keen eye for details
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Systematic and process orientated
- Proven ability to curate the story behind the numbers
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint (seeks to increase efficiency