|Hiring Organization||The Puyallup Tribe of Indians|
|Post Name||Housing Maintenance Laborer/Groundskeeper|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25000 To USD 30000 Per Month|
|Location||Tacoma, Washington, United States 98404|
The Maintenance Laborer/Grounds Keeper is responsible for all carpentry, plumbing, painting, maintaining, and keeping the lawn and grounds of all development sites owned and managed by Tribal Housing.
Work may include, but is not limited to mowing, edging, pulling weeds, applying lawn care treatments, cleaning trash and debris, pressure washing, and performing basic unit maintenance duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cleans up trash and debris at sites.
2. Mows lawns, weed eats, edges, and trims shrubs using power mowers, weed eaters, edgers, shovels, loppers, rakes, brooms, etc., and disposal tarps and bags.
3. Collects and properly disposes of trash, grass clippings, weeds, leaves, berry vines, etc., recycling where appropriate.
4. Performs cleaning, caulking, painting, weatherization, pressure washing, and basic repairs of dwelling units as assigned.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of and follows proper repair techniques and manufacturers’ installation instructions, as appropriate.
6. Completes forms accurately describing work done and the physical condition of grounds and dwelling units.
7. Keeps the Maintenance Manager informed of work progress and observations of grounds and building maintenance needs, including non-operating vehicles, etc. and reports any suspected damage to the Maintenance Manager.
8. Prepares and completes work orders for maintenance of PNHA-owned dwellings.
9. Makes appropriate entries in maintenance records, keeps files in order, and maintains confidentiality.
10. Coordinates with the Tribe’s maintenance department as appropriate.
11. Operates all tools, vehicles, and other equipment in a proper and safe manner and maintains them in good working order.
12. Repairs facilities, broken ceilings, walls, doors, and windows. Patches and paints items as needed.
13. Replaces windows, doors, tile, vinyl, and shingles.
14. Maintains clean orderly maintenance shop.
15. Maintains effective working relationships with residents, PNHA, and Tribal staff, following standard business practices.
16. Continually follows up on all issues or concerns until they are resolved.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; and no less than three years related training; or equivalent combination of education and knowledge. Knowledge of proper grounds-keeping, landscaping, and basic home maintenance methods and standards. Working knowledge of how to properly use and maintain maintenance and grounds-keeping tools and equipment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificate
Must have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
Must pass a background check prior to hire and periodically throughout employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize, and perform maintenance and grounds-keeping duties and maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to initiate responsibly and work independently with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee must have a skilled reading vision.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• The physical exertion is moderate.
• Work is performed mostly outdoors, frequently near residents, and, at times, in their homes.