Chemist Chemical Synthesis
|Hiring Organization||Lubrizol Ltd|
|Post Name||Chemist Chemical Synthesis|
|Qualification||BSc/Masters or equivalent in chemistry. Ph.D. in chemistry, in a synthetic field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 45000 GBP 80000 Per Year|
|Location||Hazelwood, England, United Kingdom DE56 4AN|
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance, and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact.
Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel.
In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The Chemical Synthesis department within R&D supports Lubrizol through the invention and synthesis of new specialty chemicals and technical support of existing products.
We are looking for a motivated and adaptable Chemist to join our Lubrizol Additives-based synthesis team who will use their technical expertise to design and synthesize molecules with unique properties, interpret and analyze analytical and performance data, and drive projects forward to meet evolving business needs.
This role is based at the European marketing and technical center located in a rural setting at Hazelwood, eight miles from Derby City Centre, UK. Salary is competitively dependent upon skills and experience, plus excellent benefits.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a creative research department working on a variety of synthetic projects.
- Design and undertake the synthesis of additive molecules, to meet a variety of business needs. This includes process optimization and development in support of commercialization.
- Utilize structure-performance relationships and determine how projects should proceed using logic, experience, and creativity to meet agreed timelines.
- Have the opportunity to propose and develop your own ideas and conduct independent research.
- May be assigned as a Technical Leader for projects.
- The document, interpret and communicate results to colleagues and internal project sponsors.
- Present scientific data at internal/external meetings.
- Input into other areas of importance such as Sustainability and outreach activities.
- Follow safe laboratory practices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- One of the following
- BSc/Masters or equivalent in chemistry
- Ph.D. in chemistry, in a synthetic field
- Practical laboratory experience (industrial experience is considered a plus)
- Ability to apply scientific understanding to experiment planning and project progression
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, to be successful in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good project management skills, with experience in managing multiple projects to deadlines
- Good IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Chemdraw, or equivalent)
Together, we are Lubrizol: Where science excels, and people make a difference
It’s an exciting time to be part of Lubrizol. Lubrizol is not staying put. We are continually learning and evolving. Our passion delivers our success — not only for Lubrizol but for those who count on us every day: our employees, customers, and communities.
We are talented people working together to solve problems and improve lives through science. We are making a difference, and we will never stop pushing to do it better. Lubrizol is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants.
All applicants will be considered entirely based on their relevant merits and abilities. The European marketing and technical center Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City center. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes.
Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless.
If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offers a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.