Representative, Customer Care
- Company pension
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Full Job Description
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hrs per week)
Shift Type: days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays
- Provide and maintain a high customer service level and professionalism through the course of telephone and/or email contact.
- Prepare, fill and send Airport Dispatch Reports for all flights departing on a daily basis
- Answer all calls from travel agents related to bookings for which problems/issues/queries need to be resolved the same day
- Assist agencies with seat selection/errors/omissions/misquotes and price matching.
- Analyze and review appeals on decisions taken previously for which travel agents are in disagreement and make necessary recommendation
- Advise travel agencies and/or customers of options on files affected by hurricanes/ IROPS and ensure follow-up
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise which relate to destination representatives and system
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise in destinations with no representatives.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise which relate to the web (pricing & information discrepancies)
- Supply destination representatives with Northbound availability and rates for holiday extensions
- Obtain payment authorizations for modifications and sales at the destination
- Follow up with Travel agents and Destination representatives with regard to no-shows
- Make air changes pre and during travel in ARD Web
- Complete all changes related to modifications (cross-sell) and addition of payments on files
- Report waivers and favors on a daily basis
- Use established parameters to help resolve issues or problems pre-travel
- Ensure all decisions fall within the budgeted guidelines.
- Able to make a correct business decision and have a solid understanding of the fine line between
- Customer service and financial impact.
- Establish strong relationships with travel agents, suppliers, hotels, and employees
- Work closely with Operations, Destination Services, Airports, Sales, and Reservations.
- Ensure that the company’s image and name are always represented in the most professional and positive manner
- Provide assistance as required by duty officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree with a minimum of two (2) years experience in the travel industry
- Ability to work weekends & holidays. Ability to start as early as 4:00 a.m. (with the option of working from home).
- Good judgment and initiative
- Demonstrates autonomy and excellent work organization/methods; must work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both official languages (English and French)
- Knowledge of Pacific and ARD Web
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
WHY COME WORK FOR AIR CANADA VACATIONS?
- Competitive Starting salary of $17.95/hour
- Exciting Travel privileges and discounts as of your first day
- Eligible for an Annual Incentive Plan
- The one-time incentive of $1,000, paid after 6 months
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Job shadowing and opportunity for growth within the organization
- Comprehensive Group Health insurance
- Access to a Telemedicine platform with online medical consultations
- Company pension plan with employer match
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5000 per year
- Wellness Reimbursement for expenses of up to $300 per year
And many more!
Air Canada Vacations offers an enriching work environment combined with excellent employee programs, an impressive benefits package, a competitive incentive plan, and a vast opportunity to explore the world with our travel privileges. Air Canada Vacations also offers the opportunity to work from home after 6 months of service!