Retail Stock Associate
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Full Job Description
Gap has always been about the optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco was opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher.
The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help leads the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will engage and connect with our customers by providing excellent customer service. You will be an expert in product and use this expertise to educate, inform, inspire and outfit the customer.
You will offer information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions, and events, and execute operational processes effectively and efficiently. Your goal is to bring our brand to life for our customers while building brand loyalty and delivering with productivity.
What You’ll Do
- Maximize the company sales growth and profitability by maintaining the stockroom and sales floor, and facilitating the flow of products to provide an engaging experience to every customer
- Perform duties associated with receiving and processing shipments, stocking merchandising and supporting the sales floor, fitting room, and check-out, as required
- Assist and support the execution of the store’s merchandising floor plans
- Leverage omnichannel offerings to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Maintain an awareness of the current products in all departments
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication
- Courteous and responsive to internal/external requests
Who You Are
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with your team and customers to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is always learning, open to feedback, and takes action as required
- Organized and strong time management skills
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues/concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on-the-job training
- Available to work a flexible schedule to perform stock and merchandising tasks, including weekends and holidays, early morning, or late-night shifts (differs per store)
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, 30% off at Outlet, and 10% off markdowns at Gap, Banana Republic, and Outlet.
- Competitive Paid Time Off plans.*
- Company match for donations and volunteer time*
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.*
- Virtual health care 24/7*
- Maternity/Parental Top Up.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging.
This year, we’ve been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.