|Hiring Organization||Bupa The Gardens Retirement Village and Care Home|
|Post Name||Kitchen Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 18 TO NZD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand 3015|
Bupa is looking for Kitchen Assistant to join the team in our Bupa The Gardens Care Home in Pukehangi, Rotorua.
There is an actual position available, providing flexibility and the opportunity to work in an incredibly rewarding environment, with our wonderful residents. In return for your dedication, we will support you with ongoing training to assist your development both professionally and personally.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will work as part of the kitchen team to provide nutritionally delicious meals to the Care Home residents. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of the catering industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- General kitchen duties (dishwashing and cleaning)
- Assist with food preparation
- Adhere to Hygiene and food safety standards
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow Health and Safety procedures
- Ideally, you will have one year of work experience in a similar role, however, we will provide training and support for career development
- You will be a team player, with the ability to work independently, and is prepared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into whatever needs to get done
- Demonstrate empathy, enthusiasm, and passion for making a difference to residents
- Ability to work rostered and rotating shifts (including weekends)
- Reliable transport or travel arrangements
What Bupa can offer you
- Ongoing training and development
- Industry-competitive remuneration and benefits
- Opportunities for national (and sometimes international) career advancement
- Internal reward and recognition programs
- Employee-led B-fit Health and Wellbeing program. We practice what we preach by encouraging our people to make healthy lifestyle choices
Bupa is one of New Zealand’s leading healthcare providers with a strong commitment to helping people across the globe live longer, happier, healthier lives. We have retirement villages and care homes located across NZ.
At the heart of our service are our values – Caring, Brave, and Responsible. These are the principles that determine the way we behave and what we believe. They also bring us together as a family, giving us a common culture, and they inspire trust and loyalty in our people.
If you are reliable, passionate about caring for the elderly, and want to positively impact people’s lives, we would love to hear from you. Don’t delay – APPLY NOW and join our awesome team.