|Hiring Organization||Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel|
|Post Name||Chef de Cuisine|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||QAR 9000 To QAR 12000 Per Month|
|Location||Doha, Qatar 00000|
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation, and plating for catering events.
The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high-quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
- Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Manages BEO process including menu development, pricing, tracking, and order.
- Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
- Plans food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavors.
- Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
Managing Culinary Teams
- Communicates production needs to key personnel.
- Communicates regularly with employees to ensure performance expectations are clear.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Supervises banquet kitchen shift operations.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, and standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Conducts training when appropriate.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation support the Peer Review Process.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods, and unique tastes.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Analyzes information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|8th Pass Jobs||10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs|
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Education Wise Jobs|
|Data Entry Jobs||IT Jobs||Work from Home|
|Banking Jobs||e-Commerce Jobs||Teaching Jobs|
|International Jobs||State Wise Jobs||City Wise Jobs|
- SarkariResult10th.com does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.