|Hiring Organization||Aker Solutions|
|Post Name||Engineer Mechanical|
|Qualification||Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering areas|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NOK 40000 To NOK 50000 Per Month|
|Location||Tranby, Norway 3408|
Do you want to solve global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. Renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition? Our Mechanical System & Products Department (Subsea) at Tranby is looking for young talents graduating in spring/summer for a Mechanical Engineer position.
Mechanical System & Products is an engineering and execution muscle within the company, working towards cutting-edge technologies and engineering excellence to meet tomorrow’s global energy needs. The department is responsible for concept definition, design, and development of next-generation subsea products, and project execution both on-shore and offshore.
Our products and systems are made to withstand rough conditions, whether its above or below the sea surface. Ensuring engineering excellence is key to succeeding in developing and delivering assets to the energy sector. We play a key role throughout the energy industry with a focus on disruptive technology, thereby powering the change towards the green shift.
We are involved in all phases of subsea projects and are handling all types of mechanical equipment during tender, engineering, production, testing, and installation. Within the department, we have specialists in all types of mechanical equipment and various engineering disciplines.
What will you be doing?
You will be at the center of subsea engineering, with responsibility for a rich variety of engineering tasks within unique subsea projects or subsea products. A rare opportunity to develop as part of an experienced and multi-disciplined engineering team. Your initial activities could include but will not be limited to:
- Taking responsibility for completing a set of activities within a project or mechanical product area
- Preparing, coordinating, and updating documentation for a project or mechanical products
- Follow-up activities for manufacturing and on-site testing
- Mechanical product development, including design, manufacturing, and testing
- The role is multi-disciplinary, covering a wide range of mechanical technical areas
- Contributing to continuous improvements and an open-minded culture within the mechanical engineering
We think you should have
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering areas
- Technical and analytic understanding of mechanical engineering
- Good communication skills and a proactive and innovative attitude
- Team working skills with the availability to work within own team and an international environment
- Fluent English oral and written
More reasons to work with us
- Professional development and excellent career opportunities with the chance to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from oil and gas, renewables (carbon capture, hydrogen, and offshore wind) to aquaculture
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your life journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services provided by Aker Care
- Access to welfare club with free gym facilities, sports equipment hire, and cabins for rent in the mountains and by the sea
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week
- The opportunity to become a part of our Young Solutions, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking, and fun