Marvel Entertainment is seeking a pop culture expert to join Marvel Digital Media in the role of an Associate Editor. Responsible for the creation and curation of content on Marvel.com, the Associate Editor must be an expert in the Marvel Universe with deep knowledge of Marvel characters across comic books, video games, and more, in addition to the larger universe of fandom.
- Write, edit and publish website content (news articles, character content, media-related content).
- Work closely with the larger Marvel.com editorial team on long-term and short-term content planning in the form of editorial calendars and content plans.
- Participate in the curation of content sections of Marvel.com from a high level, ensuring content meets the company’s quality, promotional, and marketing goals.
- Participate in content brainstorms for developing ideas with editorial, social media, and video production teams.
- Schedule and manage freelancer content through the entire workflow of assignments, delivery, and publishing.
- Facilitate the guidance of content development and editorial direction across the editorial team, external resources, and with other departments.
- Help develop editorial plans and research topics as needed to aid in editorial content for Marvel.com as well as Marvel’s digital series.
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, or English is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience writing for an established entertainment outlet, website, or publication.
- Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, its characters, its history, and the Marvel Universe across multiple media with extra focus on Marvel Comics and video games.
- Knowledge and expertise in web-based publishing, content management systems, and content creation tools, including Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience in working with a distributed team in multiple locations, as well as working with remote freelancers.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $51,869 to $94,882 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.