Full Job Description
At EXP, we’re driven to provide innovative solutions for the world’s built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators, and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world’s most complex challenges.
Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results, and shares ambitions for each other, our clients, and the communities we are part of, and serve.
To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next CAD Technician
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you will be a part of the Mechanical/Electrical Buildings team in London, ON
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Set up Autocad drawings for drafting based on architectural backgrounds and other reference drawings.
- Ensure that EXP drafting standards are being maintained while creating drawings in CAD.
- Produce CAD drawings (schematic diagrams, floor plans, equipment room layouts, and schedules) based on markups from designers and engineers in AutoCAD with accuracy and minimal supervision.
- Conduct site surveys for existing mechanical and electrical conditions when required.
- Obtain information on equipment from suppliers and select equipment with input from senior designers
- Attend site meetings during construction with a senior staff member.
- Contribute to all aspects of system design and assist with other general tasks when needed.
What your experience looks like
- 1-2 years of experience, with a preferred focus on building consulting engineering
- AutoCAD experience is required and REVIT MEP proficiency desired
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) products
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner, and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design, and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906 when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity, and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity, and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com.