ACA Graduate Trainee
Full Job Description
Hours: Full Time
Location: London (Moorgate)
We’re growing! We need people though. The right kind of people; the obsessive-compulsive, eagle-eyed ones. You need to like numbers, order, and highlighter pens (and hopefully before long, Excel spreadsheets; your new best friend!). If all these sound too much, look away now! But if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you RIGHT NOW!
We are a start-up. And it’s early days. Other than some colleagues you will see on Zoom regularly, you will be working closely with me, the Founding Principal in our new office in Moorgate, London. As it’s such a small team, chemistry is key. I’m a personal believer in “meaningful work and meaningful relationships.”
“Meaningful work” means you will always understand why you do, what you do, and the impact of your work on our clients. It does not mean the absence of “tedious” work. Although if it gets too tedious too often, we should be asking the question “Can we do this better; i.e. automate this?”
“Meaningful relationships” means that we care about the people we work with; colleagues and clients. And we seek to make a difference in each other’s life and/or businesses. I’m not in this for mindless paper shuffling. Hopefully, you care as much about impact too.
- Develop strong relationships with clients demonstrating an interest in getting to know their business
- Liaise with clients offering a friendly and professional service
- Assist with the preparation and filing of micro and small company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Expand your knowledge of Small Business Accounting
- General bookkeeping using excel and accounting software
- Assisting with corresponding with HMRC, including meeting deadlines and ensuring all financial practices and records comply with accounting standards
- Paying bills and creating invoices for clients
- Maintaining and managing data, checking entries for accuracy, and making necessary corrections
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and proposals
- Assist in internal audit and assurance exercises
- Any other as hoc admin duties that may be required
The right person will:
- Have excellent numerical skills.
- Possess good time management and organization skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to use initiative when required.
- Be proactive and motivated, with a willingness to get “stuck in”
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel Etc (Essential)
- Intend to pursue ACA qualification with the ICAEW
- Degree in Accounting preferred
For details on how to apply please visit the National Government website