|Hiring Organization||London Borough of Enfield|
|Post Name||Mechanical Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 39564 To GBP 42585 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC3M|
This is a great opportunity for the right candidates to join the Construction, Maintenance, and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Department of Enfield Council; a department with wide-ranging responsibilities for managing a diverse £1bn+ property portfolio, including, offices, commercial, industrial, retail, cultural and leisure.
The post of Mechanical engineer will ensure the smooth running and maintenance of the commercial building plant across Enfield Council’s corporate property portfolio. To proactively deliver maintenance to planned schedules to prevent plant breakdowns.
The candidate must also hold good record keeping on maintenance documentation for when jobs are completed and have good time management to prioritize works correctly.
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent knowledge of the commercial mechanical plant such as Cooling Towers, Pumps, FCUs, AHUs, and other mechanical plants and be conversant with CIBSE SFG 20 maintenance regime requirements.
If this opportunity excites you, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest-free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counseling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their families.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do – by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility, and listen and learn. If you value these behaviors too, we’d love to hear from you – and of course, we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents – in the “Document Upload” section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full-time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.