American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services, and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused, and productive while on the road.
With approximately 14,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations.
As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes.
We are committed to ensuring that our global workforce experiences a culture of belonging that leverages the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives of our colleagues, clients, partners, and communities, to foster a high-performing multicultural and inclusive organization.
We believe that a culture where everyone feels engaged, has a voice, and is empowered to achieve their full potential, is core to our purpose and success.
Get ready to take your career to new heights.
For more information about American Express GBT, please refer to our website: https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/about-us/
Overview of Role:
The Event Coordinator supports all elements of the end-to-end management of an event, including registration, attendee management, logistics support & administration.
The key responsibility involves full liaison & coordination of all attendees. This includes coordinating registration, travel & accommodation requirements alongside the preparation of event documentation & on-site support.
The role will also involve liaising with internal Event Managers as well as clients/attendees to provide information as required. Typically, the Event Coordinator supports an Event Manager in event delivery.
The Event Co-ordinator may work on a range of client account types & teams including Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) Clients or Ad hoc / Event by Event (EBE)/ MICE Clients.
- Manage registrations, event databases & attendee management including build, communications & reporting
- Create documentation including attendee website registration for client approval, reminder emails & joining instructions.
- Liaise with technology to set up dedicated event email addresses & phone lines
- Maintain dedicated event mailbox & phone lines – Promptly acknowledge & confirm registration questions
- Arrange accommodations for all attendees, staff, speakers, clients & any other individuals associated with the event. Administer & confirm all reservations & subsequent changes to reservations.
- Manage communications relating to the participation of attendees including their accommodation & travel requirements
- Liaise with 3rd party providers e.g. Travel agents who our clients are contracted to
- Liaise with external agencies, and clients & DMC’s, book all necessary attendee travel & transfer requirements within budget
- Liaise with attendee & host country contact to produce necessary documentation for Visa applications (where applicable)
- Produce event documentation required by on-site team eg Attendees, Transfer, Rooming lists & dietary requirements
- Prepare on-site documentation for attendees including name badges, welcome & departure letters, evaluation forms
- Attend on-site events to supervise the registration & assist the Event Manager with general event coordination.
- Assist with the creation of proposals & initial budgets
- Research destinations, venues & entertainment options as required
- Assist Event Managers with pre-event co-ordination such as preparing stationery boxes & onsite packs
- Accurate & timely data management
- Provide necessary information to client post event such as attendance lists, evaluation form feedback
- Assist the Project Manager in reconciling invoices
- Manage attendee expense claims & report detail
- Supporting maximization of revenue per event & understanding of the overall contribution to revenue & P&L
- Operate own projects & some small full event management events under the guidance of senior team members
- Attend fam trips & presentations
- Additional duties as requested
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Fluent Business English
- Additional languages are a benefit to the role but not essential
- Customer care excellence
- Proficiency in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proficiency in “Mail Merge” capability in Word & “Pivot tables” in Excel
- Proficiency in Access is a benefit to the role
- Proficiency in Cvent is a benefit to the role but not essential– data entry, eRFP, reporting, budget
- GDS experience is a benefit to the role but not essential
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in meeting & event management
- Flexibility & Ability to adapt
- Able to work well in a Team
- Used to working under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
AmexGBT is committed to equal employment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, former military, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by government laws and regulations.
As a valued American Express GBT candidate, please take a moment to join us on LinkedIn and provide a review on Glassdoor.
United Kingdom – London
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement