Home Support Worker – Caregivers
Requirements: A desire to provide professional and compassionate care to our senior clients.
- BC Care Aide registration or equivalent experience/certification (foreign-trained and student nurses welcome to apply)
- Current First Aid with CPR
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Negative TB Test Results
- Covid 19 Vaccinated
WHO should apply?
- Experienced Caregivers
- International Nurses in Canada
- International Students in Canada with a Nursing Degree
- Nursing/LPN students currently enrolled in a program
- BC Care Aid/Community Health Worker registered applicants
Why work for Shylo Home Healthcare?
- Shylo has been owned and run by nurses for over 40 years providing home healthcare to Seniors in the Vancouver Lower Mainland
- Competitive salary, annual vacation pay, and one of the best benefits packages for in-home care (Extended medical/dental)
- 4-hour minimum shifts
- Scrubs provided at no cost to you
- 24/7 office support
- Ability to accept or decline shifts according to your availability
Our ideal candidates understand the importance of meeting the needs of clients while helping them to maintain a high quality of life. Shifts are available at all times of the day, in Vancouver, and on the North Shore (West/North Vancouver).
Duties/Responsibilities: Providing companionship, meal assistance, light housekeeping, and personal care among other things.
Where are our clients located? Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, and North and West Vancouver.
What shifts are available? Full-time, Part-time, Casual; Hourly, Overnight, and Live-in shifts available.
Compensation: Starting from $18.50/hr
We are looking for you! Ideally, our candidates have:
- Certificate in: Health Care Assistant, Home Support, or Community Health or equivalent experience with seniors and/or home support for at least two years.
- First Aid with CPR C certificate
- TB Test
- Criminal Record Check for Vulnerable Sector (we can help you apply for this)
Experience as/in Personal support worker, Caregiver, Health Care Aide, Health Care Assistant, Nursing Student, Staff Nurse, Nurse, Driving, LPN, Senior care, Palliative Care, Dementia Care, and Alzheimer’s Care are all assets.