- Hiring Organization: Vision Group Canada
- Location: Calgary, AB
Full Job Description
See if you are our next:
Being a surgical assistant at LASIK MD (a partner of Vision Group), means helping the surgeon in the operating room. It means anticipating their actions and preparing their work tools.
It means teaming up with them and the other caregivers to support the patient from the start to the end of their experience. All this while seeing with your own eyes the happiness of a clear vision regained.
A look at your benefits
- You receive a quarterly bonus.
- You hold a permanent full-time position.
- You benefit from free LASIK surgery, 3 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, and 1 well-being day.
- You benefit from group insurance, including Telemedicine and an Employee Assistance Program, RRSP match.
- You can count yourself as a team member of one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Your tasks at a glance
- You sterilize instruments and set up tools as needed.
- You reassure patients before and after their procedure and ensure they feel at ease showing empathy.
- You clearly explain post-operative medication (eye drops) schedule to patients.
- You coordinate the flow of patients in and out of the operating room.
- You will also be trained to perform administrative and customer service tasks, as well as clinical assistant tasks (assist during the pre-op/post-op exams, filling patients’ charts, confirm by phone post-operative appointments, etc.).
A clear view of your assets
- You find it easy to connect with others and quickly build trust.
- You are meticulous, precise, rigorous, patient and focused, no detail can escape you.
- You have an ease with computer tools and technology.
- You are motivated to learn and grow within the company.
- You have excellent communication skills.
From our point of view
We are committed to offering an inclusive work environment and to building a team of employees empowered by its diversity. Whatever your profile, we are above all looking for someone beyond the CV, since you can benefit from in-house training. Only your motivation and your desire to learn are part of our selection criteria.