|Post Name||Security Executive|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||25000/- To 30000/- Per Month|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India 750017|
The Security Executive is responsible to assist the Assistant Security Manager to handle a hotel’s security operations. The position is responsible to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers, associates, and other stakeholders to ensure all hotels meet the brand’s standards, target customer needs, ensure associate satisfaction, focus on growing revenues, maximize the financial performance of the department and oversees the development & implementation of the departmental strategies.
The Security Executive is required to follow the hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer, resulting in creating an iconic and profitable hotel.
- Cost Management
- Internal Software knowledge
- Knowledge of Equipment & Management
- Knowledge of Sustainability tools & techniques
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Fire Fighting, Safety & Hygiene Practices
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Conflict resolution/ Managing Crisis
- Decision Making
- Mutual Respect
- Planning & Prioritizing
- Attention to Details
Assists the Assistant Security Manager in the analysis of information, and plans expenses against forecasted revenues so as to ensure that the departmental EBITDA percentage is achieved on a monthly basis.
- Manages and allocates resources to optimize cost in line with targets and conduct periodic reviews.
- Maintains good relationships with the vendors and actively involves them in new product development and quality assurance.
- Assists in sourcing the best products constantly and aim to improve quality by developing purchase specifications for products.
- Conducts regular manager and departmental staff meetings to ensure an effective two-way communication process is followed.
- Coordinates with the concerned department HOD to periodically review the equipment condition to check its efficiency and if a replacement is required.
- Walks through all areas regularly to note and immediately rectify operational flaws if any.
- Assists the Assistant Security Manager in liaisoning with Government Agencies.
- Interacts with contract agencies for drafting, and renewal of contracts in consultation with the Assistant Security Manager and coordinates with Human Resources & Finance for the same.
- Ensures the process of crisis management is communicated and followed by the team members for responding to emergencies.
- Assists the Assistant Security Manager in planning for any VIP arrivals or large functions in terms of placement of manpower and equipment.
- Conducts random checking to ensure the user IDs and passwords are not misused and the same is deleted for any staff that has moved out of the hotel.
- Verifies any security-related bills and attendance in consultation with the Assistant Security Manager.
- Coordinates parking arrangements during hotel events and supervises the security guards deployed in the parking area to ensure the security of guest vehicles.
- Supervise the security guards and doormen to ensure that staff and materials movement at entry and exit points conforms to the safety norms.
- Monitors the attendance of outsourced security staff with regards to their deployment at particular areas in the hotel and inform the same to the Assistant Security Manager.
Follows the set department and sub-department goals which are in line with the hotel and department strategies. Communicate goals, conduct Q-Chats (quarterly performance reviews), analyze performance, and provide relevant input for training programs.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills in consultation with the Assistant Security Manager.
- Escalates misconduct by the team member to the HOD and participates in the disciplinary procedure. Must adhere to the standards of the Tata Code of Conduct and values of IHCL.
- Conducts training as per the training calendar and recommends suitable training programs to the HOD to address individual capability gaps. Participate in certification of team members in key skills. Ensures that he/she and direct report managers attend appropriate core training classes
- Maintains a culture of recognition by actively participating in the STARS (Special Thanks and Recognition System) Program.
- Demonstrates a culture of ‘Trust, Awareness, and Joy’ by conducting departmental meetings, reviewing V-Connect feedback, and drawing and implementing suitable action plans.
- Ensures full compliance to Safety/Hygiene and TPAM (Taj Positive Assurance Model) and takes corrective measures
- Ensures compliance to mandatory license (Fire /Police/Elevator).
- Follows the internal audit checklists as per the IHCL Safety Guidelines.
- Adheres to all departmental legal compliances.
- identifies risks and develops HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment).
- Adheres to roles and responsibilities pertaining to safety as defined by the hotel from time to time as per the PCM (Progressive Consequence Management) SOP and IMBC (Incident Management and Business Continuity).
- Advertises all vacancies on the internal job portal.
- Ensures timely disbursement of offer/intent letters, pre-employment formalities, appointment, confirmation, and role enhancement letters to the employees concerned.
- Assists the Human resources team in identifying various strategies to retain talent within the company to minimize attrition, especially frontline.
- Assists the Human resources to head in identifying & developing strategies to increase gender diversity at the hotel level & attain the targets communicated.
- Ensures that an employee’s entry and exit formalities are followed as per the laid down processes.
- Adheres to contractor/vendor management provisions as per guidelines specified.
- Follows Up and ensure that the contractor submits the monthly invoices along with relevant support for payment of dues. To follow up with finance for timely payment of dues to the contractor as per the agreement.
- Verifies various invoices related to the monthly payments to contractors & put up the same to the HR head for approval.
- Ensures contractor’s compliance with various statutes such as Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance, Contract Labour, Regulation, and Abolition Act, Payment of Bonus Act, Payment of Wages Act., Payment of Gratuity Act, etc.,
- Ensures that the contractor/vendor concerned provides additional manpower during business exigencies.
- Adheres to the provisions laid out in the benefits manual & staff policies & procedures manual /handbook.
- Administers attendance, leave, and other related reimbursement activities in a timely manner
- Assists the HR team in administering disciplinary procedures in accordance with the statute or provisions of the standing orders in case of any misconduct, acts of negligence, acts of moral turpitude, etc.,
- Adherence to various provisions under various statutory legislation such as the Employees Provident Fund Act, Employees State Insurance Act, Payment of Wages Act, Industrial Dispute Act, Contract Labour Regulation and Abolition Act, Payment of Bonus Act, Payment of Gratuity Act, Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal of Sexual Harassment at Work Place Act, etc.,
- Updates the status on adherence to various statutory legislation in the Legatrix application, along with supporting documents.
- Updates all relevant information related to employees on the notice board, e-screens, etc.,
- Assists the HR team in conducting various employment engagement / Joy @ work activities to maintain an energized workforce and employee well-being.
- Follows up any other Reward and recognition program as per practice at the hotel level.
- Liaises with various NGOs to volunteer in various CSR activities as per the hotel CSR plan.
- Participates in Tata Volunteering Week / Month initiative.
- Adheres to the Affirmative Action (AA) plan.
- Administration of various employee-related facilities such as Staff Dining, Staff Accommodation, Ladies’ Night Drop, Day Care Center, Lockers, restrooms, and Employee transportation as per the laid down standards.
- Adheres to all the roles & responsibilities related to safety as defined by the hotel from time to time.