Business Development Representative
|Post Name||Business Development Representative|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 74000 To USD 85000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
At InStride, we’re pioneering a new approach to workforce education. Our mission is to enable employers to provide life-changing education to their employees in partnership with the highest-quality global academic institutions. We unlock business and social impact to transform companies and people for the future.
We believe that a company’s richest resource is its employees and that investments in people yield the highest returns for individuals, businesses, and society as a whole.
That’s why every InStride employee is eligible to enroll in 1,700+ online certificate and degree programs through our Step Forward program.
Unlike traditional tuition reimbursement programs, InStride covers your tuition up front, regardless of your course of study, degree type, or school.
The Step Forward program, along with InStride’s best-in-class employee benefits, are available to all employees from the day they join InStride.
Read further to see how you can be part of the movement to drive businesses and society forward through life-changing, best-in-class workforce education.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Representative who wants to join our fast-growing Corporate Partnerships team and bring life-changing education to the workforce.
- Identify new opportunities and help progress them through the sales pipeline.
- Work closely with sales executives to develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Network and create opportunities for business partnerships through business insight and product knowledge.
- Engage in prospecting efforts including but not limited to handling inbound calls and emails, cold calling, online chat, and face-to-face meetings.
- Participate in industry events and conferences to build relationships with prospective corporate partners.
- Conduct discovery calls with qualified prospects as assigned.
- Takes a consultative sales approach by understanding the industry trends, the business’s objectives, and how to leverage our offerings to the business needs.
- Able to conduct research on prospective client business and synthesize the research into a pitch deck using various media types; such as PowerPoint, Word, and PDF writers.
- Conduct weekly analysis of the sales pipeline and develop strategic plans to further cultivate network growth.
- Strategize with team members to innovate & improve the overall BDR process.
- Travel as needed to industry events and client meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of business-to-business sales or customer success experience
- Excellent relationship-building and a strong sense of curiosity
- Tenacious, have a knack for adapting to a conversation as it progresses, and a real passion for results: you gain immense happiness from converting prospects into qualified leads!
- The ability to use critical thinking to analyze facts and understand the problem, process, or question being posed.
- Demonstrated ability to extract information and business requirement from prospects
- Self-motivated and organized, with the desire to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to ask good selling questions that compel prospects to act
- Ability to quickly understand and demonstrate the technology and business value proposition
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only a high return on investments but also has a meaningful impact on society
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry
- High EQ, comfortable with ambiguity and has a “no job too small” startup mentality
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), or gender identity.
Gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted reasonable accommodation. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved by the People & Talent team in writing.