Retail Sales Associate
Full Job Description
Join our team at the new Astor Place store located in New York City! Opening the second half of 2023! Hiring immediately!
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Work as part of an exciting, diverse, and fun grand opening team, gaining all the training you need to be successful in your role before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Astor Place store, and companywide
- The safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get Our Best. Customers tell us they choose Wegmans for the helpful people in our stores and the freshest ingredients possible.
As a Perishable Department team member, you will educate customers on great-tasting, healthy meals and offer help on how to prepare them. You can work in any of the following departments: Produce, Deli, Seafood, Meat, Cheese, Bakery, and more!
If you love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, have a passion for food, enjoy being part of an energetic team, and would love the opportunity to make a difference in a customer’s shopping experience, Wegmans is the place for you!
What will I do?
- Provide incredible customer service and address the needs of customers in a timely & effective manner
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well-stocked
- Help to maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for perishable products by storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising
Note to applicant:
- Onboarding and training will begin immediately.
- Prior to the store opening, training will take place at existing Wegmans store locations in Brooklyn and Harrison, NY, and may require travel.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family, and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
- Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards, and making a difference in the community.
Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart, and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.