Registered Practical Nurse
Full Job Description
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must be able to achieve 80% in the Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification exam within the probationary period or within the trial period and on recertification exams if applying to work on any of the following rehabilitation units: Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Amputee Rehabilitation, Neurological Rehabilitation, TB Rehabilitation, and Respiratory Rehabilitation
- Recent related clinical experience preferred
- Ability to perform the essential clinical duties of the job
- Effective Communication skills
- Effective problem-recognition, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to team success
- Resilience and effective coping strategies to manage change
- Demonstrated reliable work habits
- Demonstrated computer literacy in word processing and Electronic Patient Record
- Working knowledge of the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the center’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians, and visitors
Please Note: All West Park Healthcare Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community.
Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.