|Hiring Organization||Woodward & Company|
|Post Name||IT Support & Information Systems Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 39 To CAD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8P 1A1|
Woodward & Company Lawyers LLP is the “go-to” national boutique law firm that provides legal services to Indigenous communities, governments, and businesses, including transformative change in an era of reconciliation and decolonization.
Woodward is seeking an IT Support & Information Systems Analyst to join our knowledge management team full-time. Our law firm is growing fast with plenty of developing career opportunities for someone who is keen on contributing to Woodward’s mission.
We are looking for someone with experience in effective IT support and information systems, knowledge management, and upholding privacy and security standards.
You must be proactive, organized, analytical, and a proficient team player who will cultivate positive and productive working relationships across the firm.
Core Job Accountabilities
Our IT Support & Information Systems Analyst will test system requirements, research, develop and implement forward-thinking information systems and software plans and recommendations. Create IT policies, procedures, and solutions, as well as guide and troubleshoot on a wide range of IT matters.
- Connect with network users to assess and fix any IT issues, and provide advice on solutions, including facilitating IT training.
- Evaluate complex problems and make users aware of any impacts and disruptions.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with external IT support to conduct proactive risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Respond and follow through on IT inquiries and requests.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Set up and take down IT operating systems for workstations, remote access, meetings, events, and operations.
- Order IT equipment and/or replacement parts and configure backup equipment.
- Check IT equipment for safety and optimal performance conditions.
- Create online accounts and maintain records of all software licenses.
- Manage stock inventory of IT equipment, components, consumables, and other supplies.
- Manage and coordinate internal telephone and voicemail systems, cellphone accounts, Worldox maintenance, litigation/trial software, or other systems.
- Perform the duties and functions of privacy officer for the firm, including conducting privacy audits and risk assessments, recommending privacy policies, implementing breach response plans consistent with cyber security protocols and applicable legislation, and investigating breaches.
- Manage conflicts using software (including firewall file lists, information management systems, and audit processes) and work to develop or enhance firewall and conflict screening protocols.
- Stay current with training, trends, and learning for information systems and advancing technology.
- Recommend IT solutions, and provide guidance related to systems or platforms the firm could use to enhance productivity, efficiency, and security to improve service and advance our use of technology.
- A diligent team player who is flexible and adapts to fast-paced IT requirements, with minimal
- Ability to maintain an elevated level of accuracy and integrity when addressing IT issues, or privacy and security concerns.
- Effective listening and great (verbal or written) communications
- Results-oriented strategic planning and problem-solving.
- Exceptional computer skills and knowledge of information management systems, hardware, software, and emerging technology that will enhance productivity, efficiency, and security.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration, or the completion of a college program in computer science or information technology systems, is required.
- In-depth knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, generally used software (e.g., Windows), and legal software.
- Familiarity with legal services and law firm IT requirements preferred.
- Security clearances and criminal records checks will be required.
How to Apply?
Woodward offers meaningful work experiences and compensation with consideration for education and experience. The position will commence on-site at our Victoria office, as soon as possible.
While we would like to thank all applicants for their expression of interest in our developing career opportunities, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.