|Hiring Organization||Nordic Semiconductor Finland Oy|
|Post Name||IT Engineering Specialist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/related fields or equivalent knowledge/work experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 4000 To EUR 7500 Per Month|
|Location||Oulu, Finland 90230|
About the job
It is an exciting time to join Nordic Semiconductor as we continue our rapid growth while having high aspirations together with enthusiastic colleagues worldwide. For our IT Engineering team, we are looking for someone to bridge the gap between classic systems administration and modern DevOps.
Our small team functions as a subunit of IT and has a strong focus on Linux and systems administration. We maintain and operate Nordic’s internal IT platforms and tools in collaboration with R&D.
As an IT Engineering Specialist, you will join us in our endeavor to ensure smooth and secure operations of our IT systems, while working closely with expert users to make those systems ready for the future.
- Operate, maintain, and perpetually develop our Linux-based infrastructure
- Document and optimize operational processes and systems
- Configure, manage, and monitor servers at scale
- Participate in projects to enhance and extend platforms and services in line with the needs of R&D and other internal partners
Qualifications and skills
You will work with a variety of tasks, and many different skills are useful. The core qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/related fields or equivalent knowledge/work experience
- Proficiency in configuring, updating, and monitoring Linux servers
- Knowledge in scripting and automation of recurring tasks
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Finnish
You can keep an overview of an organically grown, highly heterogeneous system landscape that is constantly evolving. You make and support pragmatic decisions (“best tool for the job”).
You enjoy helping people out no matter how complicated (or trivial) the problem. You have a knack for tracking down errors and issues and you solve problems thoroughly. You are ready to improve and optimize existing workflows within the team and document your work as you go.
You consider the consequences of your actions on a wider scale and aim to build systems that conform to industry standards in terms of stability and reliability. You back this up with a good understanding of information security and data protection. security and data protection.
Working for Nordic
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be inspired and supported to develop yourself. Our teams enjoy a professional and informal working environment. We value and encourage the continuous development of skills and expertise to the highest levels. We are proud of our Norwegian heritage.
Our highly skilled international workforce, world-leading innovation, and professional brilliance. We offer a variety of tasks and projects, and the possibility to work alongside some of the world’s most renowned experts within their field. We encourage our employees to question the established and innovate while expecting professionalism, commitment, and the will to learn.
- Competitive salary with short- and long-term incentive plan
- Flexible working hours
- Insurance package
- Family-friendly policies