|Post Name||Radiology Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 43 To CAD 48 Per Hour|
|Location||Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1G 0A3|
Reporting to the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, the Radiology Assistant will be responsible for:
Scheduling CT, Mammography, and Ultrasound appointments entering patient orders in the hospital information system, confirming registration information upon arrival of patients providing direct patient care by assisting Technologists in transporting patients to and from nursing units to the DI department.
Moving patients on and off the table and using patient lifts organizing the patient preparation to avoid undue delays in examinations; assisting the Technologist process patient data and maintaining patient safety and ensuring a positive patient experience and other related duties as assigned.
- Proven related knowledge and experience in Diagnostic Imaging or related environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology (tested)
- Proven good keyboarding skills of 30-40 wpm (tested)
- Proven ability to work under pressure, exercise independent judgment, and organize patient flow through the department
- Demonstrated ability to assess requests and prioritize them to ensure prompt patient care
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically capable of walking, pushing, transporting patients and assisting in positioning of patients, lifting, bending, and reaching to accomplish tasks
- Proven competency with Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) tested
- Proven Meditech Community Wide Scheduling module and Meditech ITS experience
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area;
- Proven good attendance record with the capability of maintaining the same standard.
Conditions of Employment
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and C.U.P.E Local 6364.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive, and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Lakeridge Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to preventing the transmission of COVID 19 infections among Lakeridge Health team members and our patients.
New Lakeridge Health team members will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 during their Post-offer/Pre-employment Health Assessment, subject to any exemptions recognized under the Ontario Human Rights code.