|Post Name||Correctional Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 70000 To AUD 79999 Per Year|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Correctional Officers play a positive role in keeping the community safe and helping offenders find ways to improve their lives. They supervise inmates being held in correction facilities such as prisons and court cells across New South Wales.
To support a broad range of people in custody, our workforce needs to be equally diverse. We also encourage applications from women and Aboriginal Peoples who would like to join our inclusive organization.
Making a career change doesn’t mean you have to start over. Join an organization with a rich history where your life experience will be valued.
If you are passionate about keeping the community safe, in a role that brings out the best in people, join our family of blue and become a Correctional Officer in NSW today!
What will you do?
Correctional Officers work within a supportive team environment on a 24/7 rotating roster system where no two shifts are the same.
They are required to interact with inmates and ensure the safety and security of the facility by undertaking searches, monitoring behaviors, and communicating effectively.
We Are Taking Applications for the Following Centers Only
- Geoffrey Pearce (located on the Windsor Complex).
- Long Bay.
- Silverwater Medical Escort Unit.
- Long Bay Medical Escort Unit.
What’s in it for you?
- Get prepared with a 10-week paid training course.
- Nationally recognized qualification of Certificate III in Correctional Practice.
- Career development into specialized roles.
- Keep fit with a Fitness Passport.
- Get a tax break with a Novated car lease.
- The additional study leaves for further development.
What do you need to apply?
- An up-to-date resume (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page).
- Answer all questions on the online application form accurately and honestly.
- It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants will have had two doses of the TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Inclusion and Diversity lie at the heart of how we recruit
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience, and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+, culturally and linguistically diverse people, carers, and other diverse groups.