Software Engineering Manager
|Post Name||Software Engineering Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 150000 To AUD 173000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
The SMB Labs Engineering group builds and tests new products that help Small and Medium Businesses around the world hire effectively. We pride ourselves on being very agile and taking on challenges in impactful new business areas.
The Direct Interview (D2i) teams are building the future of hiring by scheduling great candidates (like yourself) straight to calls with the hiring manager with the goal of decreasing screening overhead.
We hope to change the way job seekers and employers connect. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
- You are a hands-on manager who enjoys coding and being in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership.
- You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers.
- You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about the agile development process and technology career development.
- You foster an environment of continuous learning, evidence-based decision-making, and psychological safety.
- You enjoy working closely with product counterparts and stakeholders to identify and understand critical business needs and problem areas. Ask “what” and “why” before “how”.
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience as a software professional.
- 3+ years of experience coaching developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, and distributed system architecture and can demonstrate significant prior success as a software engineer who solved complex problems.
- A strong advocate agile mindset (i.e, ship early, often, and iterate).
- Solid cross-function and cross-organization verbal and written communication and people skills.
- Emphasis on continuously improving team processes to balance delivery velocity, individual growth, software quality, and technical innovation.
- Extensive expertise in full-stack application development, including services development using Java & SpringBoot framework.
- Broad understanding of API technologies such as GraphQL, REST, gRPC, or related
- Strong knowledge of databases (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with cloud development (AWS preferred) and event-driven architecture.
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen, and Vancouver, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance.
The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit-based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.