|Post Name||Membership Services Representative|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 To CAD 16 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3M 2P9|
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – join us in creating a better Calgary. YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develops and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provide opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead.
Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our six health and wellness locations, six child care centers, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
The successful candidate will be flexible and available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends. You can make an impact in the community – locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service attitude;
- Strong computer skills;
- Be resourceful, organized, and handle change well;
- Effective time management and welcomes change;
- Clear communicator – in person, over the phone, and through email;
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references are required.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
- Identify and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience;
- Meet and exceed customers’ expectations in all service aspects at the Membership desk;
- Complete all membership/program-related duties with accuracy;
- Accurately complete all transactions, payments, cash-outs, and balancing;
- Communicate a large quantity of information clearly and concisely in person and over the telephone by understanding the organizational structure of the YMCA Calgary Association;
- Develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relations with all staff and volunteers;
- Aid in the training of all new staff and volunteers;
- Work in a team environment to achieve optimal collective results;
- Share responsibility for weekly upkeep of desk inventory and lost and found items while ensuring well-stocked and clean work areas at all times;
- Ability to problem solve.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate, and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. All applications are to be submitted online but for any position-specific concerns or questions, please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager,