Airline Cabin Crew
|Post Name||Airline Cabin Crew|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 25 To AUD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3045|
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way) and we’re looking for Cabin Crew to join our team. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little differently. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important).
It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do. And with flights well and truly ramped up again, we need you (and your vibe) to help light up our cabins.
Who we’re looking for:
Good humans. The best kind. Those with hospitality in their heart, and a spring in their step. The cool, calm, collected, happy to help, nothing’s too much trouble (but don’t test me), people-loving, safety-conscious, clear-headed, charming, and down-to-earth cabin crew members.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be welcoming people onboard our aircraft (and seeing them off at the other end), giving clear, comprehensive safety briefings (and making sure everyone adheres to them). Naturally, you’ll be giving brilliant service to all our guests, helping those with special needs and requirements, and making flying super fun for unaccompanied minors.
As part of our airline’s Cabin Crew, you’ll be working as part of a team, meeting new people, and seeing new places. Working in the aviation industry as a flight attendant means being able to handle things that are outside your control (environmental factors, delays, emergencies, etc). Your ability to remain calm and confident under pressure will go a long way toward making guests feel like they’re in good hands.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have a passport (with at least 18 months left on it)
- Hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate (RSA)
- Have a current Australian Senior Level First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Are legally able to live and work in Australia
- Are happy working at high altitude, in a pressurized environment
- Can work a 24/7 rotating roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends, public holidays, and peak periods)
- Can reach up to a height of 180cm
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- Free onsite physio
- Full uniform and staff parking
- Discounts on travel insurance, Virgin Australia Lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services, and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterment digital well-being platform
- Free, confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social, and financial.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests, and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.