|Hiring Organization||Peel District School Board|
|Post Name||Human Resources Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 30 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4T 0A4|
The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is a racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse board that serves 155,000+ students and approximately 17,000 employees. In PDSB, 87% of students are racialized, and non-white, representing 162 different ethnic backgrounds. Students in Peel have 121 different first languages.
Student diversity also exists in terms of gender and gender expression, sexuality, and in terms of ability, and faith. A responsive and empathetic understanding of the lived experiences of the students and communities we serve is vital to those who will take on leadership roles within the PDSB.
The workforce consists of teachers, office staff, custodial staff, education assistants, and professional staff. The workforce is largely unionized through PDSB’s numerous affiliated bargaining agents.
Reporting to assigned HR Partners – Workforce Planning and Partnerships, the HR Specialist position will support the Talent Acquisition, Recruitment, and Staffing needs for various employee groups, Criminal Background Checks, and Student Placements.
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with the Workforce Planning Team to coordinate and conduct effective processes in regard to the full recruitment cycle and all staffing processes.
Responsibilities will include assisting with the recruitment and selection processes, drafting and preparing postings, conducting preliminary screening based on qualifications and criteria; scheduling and conducting testing, interviews, references, and sign-on sessions.
Assisting with the coordination of bulk hiring; extending offers to candidates and preparing offer letters, providing general feedback to unsuccessful candidates and preparing regret letters; assisting with college/university recruitment fairs and staffing-related workshops, and organizing information materials.
Responding to queries (email, calls, or in person) related to the hiring and staffing processes; maintaining candidate tracking, and recruitment files; generating, inputting, and analyzing reports from Vista, Future Org, and Apply to Education to inform workforce planning. The successful applicant may be required to work a flexible work week during peak workload periods; and other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree related to Human Resources or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Minimum of one to two years of experience and knowledge in recruitment and selection, staffing, and human resources.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), documentation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving, decision-making, troubleshooting, and technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated effective coordination, organizational, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, ability to manage multiple priorities and meet timelines and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS, SharePoint).
- Experience working with Apply to Education and Future Org. is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant collective agreements and Board policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, anti-racism, anti-oppression, and working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
Commitment to Equity, Anti-Oppression, and Anti-Racism
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel.
We will provide reasonable accommodation (e.g., an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance, etc.) based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.
We are also committed to inclusion, anti-oppression and anti-racist practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements for the Criminal Background Check.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process; such as test and skill demonstrations.
All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their applytoeducation.com account.
Discover why you should consider a career with us!
Preference will be given to qualified members of the Administrative Staff Group (ASG).